Join Our Wildlife Safaris
We organise a few bespoke wildlife safaris each year, which allow small groups of likeminded photographers to travel with us to some of our favourite photographic destinations. Our unique tailor-made itineraries, born out of our own experiences and travels, focus solely on exploring truly pristine wilderness destinations to offer you the chance to experience the best that Africa has to offer and the most exceptional wildlife viewing we can find. We deliberately keep the groups super small, never more then 6 so we can keep it friendly and intimate & also enjoy the smaller lodges that are in the prime locations. Of course equally important to us is our commitment to raising funds for wildlife conservation so all our safari prices include a donation which is made on behalf of the group to some phenomenal small wildlife conservation charities that do exceptional work to protect the wildlife & the pristine environments we visit.
For full details of our current Adventures and Safaris click on the links below – We have three trips running in 2019 and we are also taking registered interest for Zambia in 2020.
Zambia Explorer –Join us and Edward Selfe for 8 or 12 days in June 2019 as we return to the renowned South Luangwa National Park with its exceptional wildlife encounters. Opt to extend with a further 4 nights & join us to explore the beautiful Kafue National Park, a raw and remote wilderness that it is increasingly hard to find and experience. Space strictly limited to a maximum of 6 guests.
- Stunning Fully inclusive camps in prime locations
- Private Open sided safari vehicles – with maximum of 4 guests per vehicle
- Private entry to central game rich areas from Kafunta River Lodge.
- Expert professional photographic guides
- June gives us cool mornings and crystal clear days – extending the window of good photographic light
- Cold mornings allow predators to be more active later into the day & the opportunity to witness hunts in good light.
- With pockets of inland water still accessible we can range and explore further afield, offering more varied scenery, wilderness and solitude, as we truly explore everything this magnificent park has to offer.
- Beautiful light for photography and impressive sunsets in the clear blue skies characteristic of the autumn days.
- Golden grasses and soft light make for beautiful settings to photography.
- Chance to experience one of Africa’s last unexplored wildlife areas in a private concession.
- Very small group maximum 6 guests
A Foray in Finland -Join us for 7 days in July 2019 for a fabulous chance to see and photograph Europe’s last remaining big predators at the base camp of the Award-winning Finnish wildlife photographer Lassi Rautiainen, using his specially constructed hides to photograph or just enjoy the spectacular wildlife of the region. Our focus will be on observing and photographing wild European Brown Bears, Wolves and Wolverine in what has become one of their last remaining strongholds. No where gives us a better chance of success of seeing and photographing these animals. Space will be strictly limited, trip will run with a minimum of 4 guests.
- Private area only available to permit holders.
- Staying at the camp of Award-winning photographer Lassi Rautiainen
- 5 full nights in the wildlife hides included. Maximises the opportunities for photography.
- Photograph wild bears, wolves and wolverine.
- Expert professional photographic guides.
- All meals and transfers and activities included.
- Very small group maximum 6 guests.
Untouched Tanzania – join us in September 2019 for a very special once in a lifetime Tanzanian safari combining both big game and primate encounters. This is a very special safari that takes you far from the beaten track in search of the real soul of safari in one of East Africa’s most isolated and beautifully untouched wild regions. We will be visiting the breathtakingly beautiful Ruaha National Park and wild Katavi National Park, before finishing off in Mahale National Park, on the white sandy shores of Lake Tanganyika to experience the best Chimpanzee trekking & encounters available anywhere in the world. Space strictly limited to a maximum of 6 guests.
- Peak Predator Activity – hopefully lions hunting buffalo.
- Large concentrations of game around the few remaining water sources.
- Spend time with families of wild chimpanzees in the forests of Mahale National park.
- Iconic dry season, dusty golden light to elevate images of everyday scenes.
- 4 nights in Ruaha National Park – home to 10% of Africa’s remaining Lions, vast herd of elephants and an amazing variety of bird life.
- 4 nights in Katavi National Park – see burrowing crocodiles, huge pods of hippo & the largest herds of buffalo anywhere in Africa
- 3 nights on the white sandy shores of Lake Tanganyika – imagine your very own deserted paradise island.
- 2 Chimpanzee Treks in Mahale National Park
- Stunning fully inclusive small intimate camps set in exceptional locations.
- Private open sided safari vehicles – excellent for photography.
- Very small group max of 6 guests.
- Expert Professional photographic guides
Legendary Luangwa – This is a repeat of our phenomenally successful 2018 tour. For this exclusive 9 day tour we will be joining forces with Edward Selfe and based at the exceptional Robin Pope Properties for the height of Dry season drama in the South Luangwa in the beautiful and exclusive Nsefu sector – September 2020 – dates and prices to be confirmed.Please get in touch to be added to the waiting list and given priority to book. Space will be strictly limited to a maximum of 6 guests.
- Carmine Bee-eater colonies nesting along the dry river banks.
- Large concentrations of game around the few remaining water sources
- Peak Predator activity – including hopefully lions hunting buffalo
- Iconic dry dusty golden light to elevate pictures of everyday scenes.
- Expert local photographic guide, supported by 2 professional photographers to offer advice and tuition.
- Stunning fully inclusive camps in prime locations
- Access to the beautiful and exclusive Nsefu sector
- Private vehicles with a maximum of 4 guests per vehicle.
- Very small group maximum 6 guests
For full details please get in touch to request a brochure or to enquire about booking a place on our safaris.
Email Fiona: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Raj +44(0)7786 067271
Or you can visit our travel site http://travelandphotography.co.uk/travel-with-us/ where there is some more detailed information.